Student Information Policy
Last updated December 6th, 2021
OpenBrackets, a non-profit organization, aims to provide educational resources and support to middle and high school-aged students. We solicit and use some information from program participants in order to organize and improve the program.
What information do we collect?
- As part of student registration, we collect contact information, such as email and name, and demographic information, such as student grade and which school the student attends.
How do we use this information?
- We use the contact information to organize our programs, for example to email links and learning resources to students.
- We use demographic information to determine if our outreach and programming are best serving our mission. This analysis is performed on anonymous aggregate summaries of participant information, such as distributions of grade levels or distribution across US census tracts, and we may share these anonymized aggregate results with the general public.
- We do not share individual contact or demographic information with other entities.
What is OpenBrackets’ photo/image policy for participants?
- We do not take or record images, video, or audio of our programs without clearly informing students that we are doing so.
- We may occasionally record video and images of programs for non-public use, such as for volunteer training. When we do this, we will notify all students that we intend to record and give students a chance to opt-out and not be recorded.
- We will notify the relevant students, student's parents/guardians, or other participants prior to recording for any other purpose, or for using recordings for any other purposes.
Will this policy ever change?
- OpenBrackets may change this policy in the future to better serve the mission. If we do so, we will notify participants via email.
How can a student, student's parent/guardian, or other participant remove their information?
- Contact us via email (email@example.com) to remove your information.